Sunday, May 25, 2014

Episode 90 - Summer Time! Vacation Comics & Crossovers of the 80s/90s

sgTHE FIRE AND WATER PODCAST: Episode 90
The official podcast of THE AQUAMAN SHRINE and FIRESTORM FAN

Episode 90 - Summer Time! Vacation Comics & Crossovers of the 80s/90s

Summer is almost here! This episode Rob and Shag wax nostalgic about some of their favorite comics read as children while on summer vacation. As Rob likes to call them, "Mountain Comics." Then the guys tackle some of the best (and worst) DC company crossover events of the 1980s and 1990s! Get out your zinc oxide sunscreen, geeks. Summer is coming!

Have a question or comment? Looking for more great content?
THE AQUAMAN SHRINE - http://www.aquamanshrine.net
FIRESTORM FAN - http://firestormfan.com
THE FIRE & WATER TUMBLR - http://fireandwaterpodcast.tumblr.com
E-MAIL: firewaterpodcast@comcast.net

This episode brought to you by InStockTrades - http://instocktrades.com

Opening theme, "That Time is Now," by Michael Kohler. Closing music by Daniel Adams and Ashton Burge of The Bad Mamma Jammas! http://www.facebook.com/BadMammaJammas

Thanks for listening! Fan the Flame and Ride the Wave!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that brought back a lot of memories. I just made a few mental notes as you went through.
    Millennium was responsible for me dropping out of comic book reading for about 10 years. I checked back in briefly when my roommate brought home the Invasion crossover, but that didn't do much to inspire me. Armageddon 2001 sealed the deal, and I didn't start reading again until the Obsidian Age storyline in JLA.
    Bloodlines had one good thing come out of it: Hitman. I love the Hitman series, some of Garth Ennis' finest work.
    One of my favorite Elseworlds stories came from the Elseworlds Annuals crossover. It was a backup story in Justice League America Annual #8 called "Attack of the O Squad." It featured all of the JL villains whose name ended with "O" planning to team up to defeat the JL. TO Morrow showed up due to a typo, and the entire team fell apart when Lobo arrived and kicked everyone's butt. Silly fun.
    I never liked the Amalgam crossovers, but Lobo the Duck was too ridiculous to pass up.
    I did really enjoy the Silver Age crossover, but as you may have figured out from the previous few comments, I have a taste for the ridiculous.
    I was listening to your podcast while finishing my weekend project of building new shelves for my CD collection, so I took your comment about nobody buying music any more very personally, so you two are now dead to me.
    Oh wait, we're talking about comic books, so you guys are alive to me again.
    Great podcast, as always. Fan the flame and ride the wave!

    ReplyDelete